FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Organization of Airline Programs
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:25 pm
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lo2e
You can feel free to respectfully agree or disagree with my opinions, as I have respectfully agreed or disagreed with all of the ones stated here.
I beg to disagree:

<sarcasm>

Oh, I see... standardization for the sake of organization is WAY worse than non-standardization for the sake of... an easy acronym?

</sarcasm>

Does that sound like respectfully stating your opinion? To be honest, it is probably the rudest reply I have ever seen on the TB forums, usually one where courteous, free discourse is always encouraged (unless it involves mods of course ).

I trust their judgment, and IMHO in the almost 11 years of time I have spent here on FlyerTalk, very few decisions have been made without careful thought and consideration for the betterment of FlyerTalk on the whole.
I agree. The CD, the TalkBoard, the mods, they all work very hard to improve FlyerTalk, for the betterment of the user experience.

Normally, when decisions are made about forum name changes, there is weeks and weeks of discussion beforehand, allowing for the best decision to be made with the input from TB members, the CD, Mods, and the users. In this case, I guess CD felt that this decision would be uncontroversial, just going ahead with the change without taking user input.

When it turned out that this was a controversial decision, we came here to this forum to voice our opinion. That's one of the great things about FlyerTalk - we can freely discuss an issue like this, which isn't possible on most boards.

While I'm not quite sure what the chances are of having it changed back, I hope that the CD, Talkboard, and all other relevant parties do give changing it back a chance.