FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: How does one look up the exact number of seats available on a specific flight?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:41 am
catgirl

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
How does one look up the exact number of seats available on a specific flight?

Folks, apologies in advance because I know that this is a basic question. I've done a few searches and ended up with more information that I need without a clear answer to this question:

Is there a way for me to look up the exact number of seats available in the front cabin on a specific Air Canada flight?

In the past, I would just do a dummy booking on AC.com and then look up the seat map showing available flights. However, this past week, I am getting VERY odd results. I'll see seats available and then a few minutes later those seats have vanished. A day later they'll show up again. One time the cabin was showing as sold out on the website; yet when I called in, the agent told me that there were still several seats available ... I'm beginning to think there is something seriously wrong with the website! Is there a non-AC source I can go to? I know that the experts on this board often refer to R=0; J=4 (or something similar) -- where can I find that information? Is this only available on a paid site, or can I get something equivalent from a free source? Many thanks for the help!