FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019)
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:21 am
cyin

Originally Posted by uszkanni
I've already used my $200 credit with WN. 2x75+50, credit showed up about 3-4 days after purchase. It may be that your selection of WN was too close to the actual purchase. If you plan to fly WN anyway then I don't see any downside in buying another card.

The conventional wisdom is that purchases of $100 or less are automatically reimbursed. You can use multiple gift cards for a single ticket.

AMEX does not reimburse for actual tickets, only for "incidentals." If you buy a $279 ticket you will not get a $200 credit. If you buy 2 $100 gift cards (preferably in separate transactions), you will most probably get a $200 reimbursement from AMEX and could use the gift cards towards the flight.

Of course things can change at any time. AMEX might stop reimbursing for gift cards or change the limit of what's considered "automatic" in terms of reimbursements to something less than $100. Ya pays your money, ya takes your chances.

Thanks for the update, trying again tonight.