FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are the Bogota must sees?
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:11 pm
JohnnyColombia
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by trebex
In summer, you probably have a better chance of clear mornings. April and May are the rainy months.
I have been here for 4 years and cannot predict the weather. April and May might historically have been the rainy months, I don't know. The last three years late Oct to late Dec have been the rainy months. Actually it didn't rain yesterday.

Originally Posted by Herb687
I think Johnny Colombia's list is pretty good. I don't know if the municipal government still does this but a couple years ago (2010, during bicentennial celbrations) the Alcaldia was sponsoring free guided walking tours of the historic colonial center. These tours were available in English and completely free.

Tours left from the east side of Plaza de Bolívar. Before/after the tour you would be within easy walking distance of many of the key sights to hit on a short visit to BOG (Museo del Oro, Museo Botero, etc.)
I don't think they do that, I haven't heard of it. I will gladly show anyone around for free as I am rusty and need to be on standby in case any of our guides has a dodgy arepa and cannot get out of bed. Let me know by PM if you want showing stuff.

Originally Posted by Herb687
For lunch, asuming it's a typically cool BOG day, have a bowl of ajiaco. There's a nice restaurant on Av Jimenez that serves traditional Colombian food in a nice colonial building type setting.
Casa Vieja