FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Hawaiian Village vs. Royal Hawaiian
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:14 pm
JeremyS1973

Programs: AA, HA, UA, DL, HH, SPG, Kimpton, Fairmont, New Otani, I Prefer
Originally Posted by cblaisd
It's perfectly located in Waikiki. It's quiet, the beach is nicer than any other hotel's in Waikiki, it's a short walk to Ala Moana mall, and did I say it's quiet?

It really does depend on what you're looking for. Have had more than a few lovely stays on a very high floor Rainbow Tower room.
It MIGHT be quiet depending on which of the SEVEN towers you stay in. It is on the busiest street and all traffic entering the Waikiki area from Ewa (the side where the airport is) has to go past the HHV. If you are in the Kalia Tower or Grand Waikikian, it can be extremely noisy.

It is also not perfectly located in Waikiki, it is barely in Waikiki on the extreme end of Waikiki. The Outrigger Waikiki would be "perfectly located" as it is about as central as a hotel can get and the Royal Hawaiian is on one side, the Moana Surfrider is on the other.

The nicest beach in Waikiki is Kuhio Beach, directly across from the Hyatt Regency.

Originally Posted by Bearcat06
My Aunt/Cousin/Cousin's daughter flew out here and stayed there in Dec and absolutely loved it to the point they will be back there in July.....on top of friends/family staying there over the past 3 years since I have returned...and they've had no issues at all there.......

Different strokes for different folks....but don't condemn the place just because you didn't like it.....
So what I am hearing is she has never stayed anyplace else? So she has no idea what Halekulani, the Hyatt Regency, Royal Hawaiian, Trump, Moana Surfrider, New Otani, Outrigger Reef, Outrigger Waikiki Beach, Waikiki Parc Hotel, Hotel Renew, Embassy Suites, Marriott or Kahala are like?

It is easy to love the Cheesecake Factory if you've never experienced anything better.