FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you book a long layover?
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:18 am
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Often1
This is only true if OP is on a changeable fare. Even many changeable fares xEurope carry change penalties. It's also important to understand that many fares xEurope are not changeable at all. In other words, unlike USA fares where one can pay a change fee, these fares can't be changed and if not used as booked have no value.

It's perfectly possible to construct an itinerary along any route. The question is how that affects the fare. It's well worth an experienced TA's fee to construct a complex intl. itinerary. They may be able to make suggestions which can save a significant amount of money.
well duh

But the OP is booking an award ticket.

OP, its best to do all changes immediately, or at worst within 24 hours - you can do them for free guaranteed that way. I've done it a few times, when SQ was not on co.com, I would book TG, and call in to change. Not because of the fees really, but because phone agents can be a pain in the butt trying to piece a semi-complicated itinerary together, and its easier to just say - hey change this to this.

When you call say, hey I just noticed a better routing, can you just do this change for me.

Your route is absolutely fine as SGN the destination, and SIN or MUC the stopover