FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting through CDG: looking for first timers practical advice
Old Apr 19, 12, 2:48 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by schmidlapp View Post
I know we will have to clear immigration somewhere, don't know if its CDG or FCO?
You clear immigration in CDG and customs in FCO.

We will have about a 2.5 hr layover.
I know I am supposed to get lounge access and bring one guest (her) if space is available whatever that means. Are there a number of lounges
available or do I specifically look for one?
Thanks,
You have access to the arrivals lounge in 2C and the departures lounge in 2F, which is where your flight to FCO will be.

The arrivals lounge has nice showers and a decent breakfast spread. Once you have cleared immigration upon arrival in 2E, it is a 10mn walk to the lounge, and another 10mn back to 2F. So you should decide whether you are going for the arrivals lounge depending on the time you have left after clearing immigration upon arrival. Note that, as mentioned above, you will need to clear security to reach the gate in 2F for the flight to FCO.

If your arrival gate changes to a gate in 2F, it is also a 10mn walk to the lounge; if it is changed to a gate in 2C, it is less than 5mn away.

If you still have time after going to the arrivals lounge, you can of course use the departures lounge in 2F.