FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting through CDG: looking for first timers practical advice
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:35 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by mikepa
So it looks like I lucked out (or is there something hidden I don't know):

I fly from LHR to CDG and on to MIA (all on AF, with DL flt #)

Arriving Aerogare 2 terminal E and departing the same terminal E

Do i get to stay in the secure zone?

P.S. This a great way to get home to South Florida at 2PM in the afternoon rather than the 7PM timeframe going through ATL. Of course I have to be up early for the 6:40am flight out of LHR, but getting home 5 hours earlier is worth it.
You remain within the international zone, so no passport check. Not sure about re-clearing security, as French police authorities are gradually relaxing the rules with respect to the need for going through security again.

Note that there are currently two boarding piers in terminal 2E, the main one and satellite S3; if your flights do not use the same pier, you need to take an automated shuttle (45 seconds, a shuttle every 2mn), which, when you factor in the walk to/from the shuttle and the average wait time, adds 10mn to the transfer time.

Enjoy your flights .