FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What can I do with my load of Delta miles??? (210k worth)
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:35 pm
macmedia

What can I do with my load of Delta miles??? (210k worth)

I have been having an absolute horrible time for the past 2 years in using my skymiles. I've had 210k for the past 15+ years (well down from 700k) and every time I have a place I need to go, I can't get a ticket for a reasonable amount of miles. For 2 years I've been trying to get a few tickets to asia but seem to never be able to find a normal low rate of 70k miles the advertised. It's always 120k-200k for a ticket.

I mostly fly American these days instead (since I'm lifetime plat.) and I've been able to "trade" tickets with others from time to time with the skymiles but that's not easy to do with so many miles left and no easy avenue to do it safely.

The closest method I've found is using points.com for a couple small transaction but it hardly seems worth it when I have to pay hefty fees to do a trade of miles.

Anyone have any other reasonable suggestions? I'm getting tired of finding ways every year to extend the expiration date...