FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long queues at T5 border control
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:28 am
flyerbb

Programs: BA Gold, FB Platinum, M&M Senator (thanks FB), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
45 minutes ain't bad, once was @ JFK and the line was getting longer and longer, imo it almost reached the plane. I asked the immigration officer how long before everyone gets processed, he looked and said around 2 hrs, when I had an astonished look on my face, he said once during the summer it was 5 hours. When I said that it really is very embarrassing for a first world country to have 3 world service, he said that they were cutting down on employees with no plans to hire again.... Shame.
Or Holding the non US citizen to process only the US passport as I saw it once.
I was at the begining of the queue looking at the arrival hall for 1H30, near a TSA agent who was letting in only US passport and US resident (they where then using the line they wanted). They finaly released us and let us use some of the US resident line. Such a nice gesture.

Was not the time I faced a "friendly" alcohol smelling agent, who had his head falling on his desk and start snoring, before waking up again and again.
But this is a diferent story.