FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old Apr 12, 2012, 5:40 pm
sbjnyc

Originally Posted by dcline414
In ATL (until the new international F terminal opens next month), you currently have to claim your checked bags, then recheck them, go through TSA security, and claim your bags (again) on the other side.

If you have global entry, you can bypass the line after you claim your bags the first time and proceed directly to the train after dropping your bags at the second baggage claim. If you don't have global entry, you have to wait in line after you claim your bags to check them the second time through security.

The TSA agent allowed my wife to accompany me after we spent 2-3 minutes trying to divy up our bags, but she made it clear that this is the exception rather than the rule, at least in ATL.
I flew NRT-MSP a few days ago. Went through customs using GE, picked up my bag (didn't recheck it as I wanted to change flights) but I didn't see a way to bypass TSA security. Flights into NY area were delayed anyway.