FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free 1yr Executive status upgrade
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:44 pm
dc333

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by dwbf11
That is subject to clawback. I expect National will probably notice that tons of people are using it and may revise the status accordingly. That is what happened last year when Hertz ran a similar promotion for employees of another company. I agree the terms are vague but I think that we all know that this promotion is not meant for us (and by "us" I assume none of the posters in here are otherwise affiliated with Signature). The promo is worded as though this is targeted at passengers and/or crew members of Signature. Hotel chains often do the same thing too when a promo gets used too much (e.g., earlier this year Hilton ran a promo for users of a certain credit card giving such users automatic "Gold" status and upon review a month later, all those who weren't actually eligible lost the status). Congrats on the upgrade though. Mods may want to move/lock this thread before word gets out over on SD/disboards/similar sites.
Sure, there will be some attention drawn at National if the sign-ups get out of hand. This is however, a completely open, untargeted offer broadcast over the main signatureflight.com homepage. Forget the detailed link from the first post. There are also zero T&C's or fine print.

Hesitation is fine, and any status earned may well be recalled, but that would be unlikely in my mind. Without T&C's, there is no ground to stand on.

I for one didn't have my Hilton Gold status taken back either.

In the end, YMMV, as always.