FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Border Crossing from Israel to Jordan + Travelling within Jordan??
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:11 am
OliverB

Border Crossing from Israel to Jordan + Travelling within Jordan??

We will be spending the last leg of our Israel trip in Jerusalem and then crossing into Jordan to continue on to Madaba and the Dead Sea region.

Using Google Maps it seems as though the Allenby King Hussein Bridge would be the closest and most convenient border crossing from Jerusalem.

We will not be renting a car as I don't feel comfortable driving myself in the area, not being able to read/understad the road signs. Are there private car hires or taxis that will take us from Jerusalem to the Allenby King Hussein Crossing and then on to our hotel in Madaba on the Jordan side?

What would be the best way to do this, and how much should we be expected to pay? I'd like to make all arrangements in advance if possible, to avoid swpending more than we have to and making it as comfortable, easy and convenient a trip as possible.

From Madaba, we will continue on to Petra. Again, I am unsure of the logistics of traveling along the King's Highway in Jordan, and wonder if there's a recommended car or taxi service that anyone could suggest?

Will it be difficult to cross the border from Israel into Jordan and back again?

Thanks!