FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diners Club [various countries] linking free lounge access to transaction volume
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:28 am
AmD950

Programs: JL Diamond, CX Gold, HH Gold
Unhappy Diners Club [various countries] linking free lounge access to transaction volume

I am always a reader to the flyertalk and this is actually the first time for me to post - so nice to meet you all flyertalk community

I have just confirmed with Citibank Hong Kong (issuing authority for Diners Club Cards in Hong Kong) that all complimentary lounge accesses have gone. Accessing any lounge worldwide would carry "at least" US$25 access fees, upto US$75; accessing the local airport lounge would require a HK$1,500 (~US$200) spending per visit, otherwise they will charge US$25 access fee per visit. Citibank Hong Kong insisted that they are not the first site for removing the free overseas lounge accesses.

I have been a Diners Club card holder for a couple of years. Though I can't find any places to use the card in Hong Kong, it is fascinating that using the club in Taiwan and Japan always bringing me a lot of surprises. (To my surprise, if I am not wrong Citibank Taiwan has started to offer class upgrades for designated flights for Diners Club Card Taiwan Holders.) Moreover, it is the primary card for me to access airport lounges.

Too bad I don't have enough income for applying credit cards come with priority pass or other lounge access privileges - yet I fly frequent with the local bargain airlines...

Basically I cannot find anymore reasons to hold this card. Before cutting this card, I am wondering if Citibank HK is speaking the truth...
Does any DC holders in other parts of the world have to pay for lounge access?

Thank you.