FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:14 am
playbbg

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by landeej
Well, I'd had a long conversation with the FDM on Saturday, and wrote an in-depth note both praising and pointing out gaps to the GM of both properties, which was received with both grace and appreciation. I plan to be back in Chicago in ~6 weeks, and since the W's are equidistant from my office in the Mart, I intend to sample them both out again.

One question - where are the suites located in City Centre? If there is one reason I'd not stay there again, it is noise. The "upgrade" I got there to a Fabulous room from a Spectacular put me in the "Courtyard", where I got to listen to the below dumpsters getting deposits of large, heavy, and loud items between 10PM and midnight. At least in a Spectacular room at Lakeshore, one is generally high enough, and without a facing building to reverberate noise, that sleep can be peaceful.
if you are working in the Mart, why don't you stay at the Westin River North? In my opinion, it is the nicest SPG hotel in Chicago and very close to the mart. While they don't have tons of suites for upgrades (I wouldn't expect it) their regular rooms and lounge are very nice.

If you just want space, why not do the Sheraton on the river, where I've been upgraded almost every time I stay there and is also closer to the mart than the W lakeshore.

I just don't think either W is really worth it, unless its location you are after. They both are due for a bit of touch-up...