FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Greetings on CX/KA
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:28 am
kamiao

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
Question Greetings on CX/KA

This might be answered before - however I am a bit confused about CX/KA's inconsistent services. It doesn't seem that I get the consistent in flight services. In most of the flights I took I got some kind of greetings from either ISM or FA, some of those would even offer some convenience to me... and in the other flights I was treated like everyone else.

Examples...

When taking CX138 in January on my way from Sydney to Hong Kong, the ISM was warmly welcoming me onboard, came to greet me in person, asking what I want to order for food saying just in case not all options might be available when the trolley comes to me (from 30A to 54A)... a FA came a few hours later quietly handed me a bottle of water from Business Class (obvious). Indeed, I was flattered.

On my way back to Sydney on CX111, ISM then a FA came to say hello, didn't offer any advance ordering but passed me a bottle of water and an express arrival card.

On my flight CX100 to Hong Kong two weeks ago, a DM sitting next to me and we both got greeted warmly. Each of us got a bottle of water and advanced ordering was offered. The ISM had a bit of talk with us (I guess because of the DM not me LoL) and came again a few hours later to ensure everything is alright.

On my flight CX101 back to Sydney yesterday, nobody came to say anything or offer me anything. I asked a FA to give me some water, he came back with half a cup. In that case I guess I was treated like everyone else. ISM came passing me looking at the name list on her hand for a few times - no stop by and no greetings and I realised she was just checking passengers with special meals.

Well, I understand personal greeting is not a published benefit (therefore I am not complaining). But having a bottle of water and an express arrival card would certainly make my life much easier on a Y flight. ('cos I can't take water from lounge to a flight to Australia and the waiting time for the custom clearance can be a pain sometimes).

I also noticed personal greetings are not consistent at all when I take CX/KA J flights. The ISM definitely didn't show up her face and introduce herself to me, or anybody in the J cabin. Occasionally I get greeted by FA on Surname term when they serve food but most of the time that greeting didn't happen. Isn't this funny? I thought you deserve better services when you pay more on a ticket?

I only took F twice, not enough experience to conclude if the service is consistent.

I wonder if there is a rule/instruction that CX crews follow and decide how to treat you in a flight (or it really just depends on the ISM's mood)? Do others experience the same inconsistency in terms of this type of things?