FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:47 pm
eagle92

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by bwiflyer01
This is a page I hadn't seen before that is linked to from the premier benefits page. Since it says you have to be Plat or 1K for the 2012 program year, I wonder if that means I can apply for GE now and submit my reimbursement in May (when I achieve plat) to take advantage of it for a trip next month.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ices.aspx#gecb

Global Entry compensation benefit
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States.

MileagePlus compensates 2012 Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members for the $100 Global Entry application fee, for new applications. Starting later in June, there will be an automated process to take advantage of this benefit, in the form of a code that can be redeemed during the Global Entry application process. We’ll provide full details on this process soon.

Until that time, eligible members may be compensated in the form of a $100 united.com TravelBank credit. To apply for this credit, please follow these steps:

1.Complete your Global Entry application at the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES): https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/
2.Send an email to [email protected], with the following information:
Your MileagePlus number (eight-character, alphanumeric)
The name on your account
A confirmation of your Global Entry application submission, such as a payment summary screenshot, email confirmation, or approval letter
Once we have verified your eligibility, we will deposit a $100 credit into your MileagePlus account’s TravelBank balance, which you can use to book travel on united.com. Please allow 2-4 weeks for this process to complete. See TravelBank Terms and Conditions.

Additional details
The Global Entry compensation benefit applies to new applications only and has a maximum value of $100 USD every five years. Members with an existing Global Entry membership can take advantage of this benefit during their next renewal. The overall compensation benefit is open only to members who earned status for the 2012 program year, and who applied for Global Entry after January 1, 2012. The TravelBank credit process described above will end in June, when the automated process for this benefit takes effect.

For detailed information on the Global Entry program, please visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website at www.globalentry.gov.

Expedited security screening
Global Entry members may also be eligible for TSA Pre✔TM, an expedited security screening program currently being tested by the TSA. To participate, please visit the TSA Pre-screening Sign-up page (requires login).
Thanks! I just submitted my email!