Old Apr 8, 12, 4:56 pm
landeej

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident View Post
Does anybody stay here recently?

thanks in advance
I was just at W Lakeshore on Thursday evening. Quite an interesting experience - between all the people in town for the Chicago Cubs' home opener and the Playboy open casting call going on at the hotel Thursday and Friday, the bar was quite worthwhile.

Looking back over this thread a few pages, I'm going to break with the ranks and say that I prefer this property over W City Centre, which I stayed at Friday night just to see how the two stacked up in 2012. I lived at Lakeshore for a good chunk of the summer of 2011, and as recently as last week, the staff really make it work. Being welcomed with a smile and warm "it's so nice to see you again" at Lakeshore by both the front desk as well as the concierge was much nicer than interacting with the most scornful, entitled, condescending, and dismissive front-line employee I have encountered in decades of travel at City Centre.

The hard product is a little worn and beaten, but I prefer the look of it more than the stark white with Stuart Smalley-esque slogans I experienced Friday night at City Centre.

Last, but not least, as has been covered in another thread, City Centre committed the cardinal sin of leaving my folio sitting outside the door sans-envelope (although tucked into the newspaper).

All in all, I'm happy staying there with either my corporate rate or the incredible AAA Hot Deal I've found there lately (which includes parking, for those of you driving there). I do *not* consider it a W worthy of the Cat 5 designation though, and if you intend to use points, I think you'll feel scammed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.