FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels Property Review Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:22 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Sleep Inn Miami Airport

Grade: B

I needed a room by MIA for a few hours and this hotel was a mere $87 so I jumped on it. It's located very close to the airport and a mere 2 miles from the rental car center (much appreciated) near a few other hotels including a Comfort Inn. There parking was fairly limited (all behind the hotel) and filled with large construction equipment. Check-in went well and when I asked about a business center the agent on duty said they didn't have one but I could come around the counter and use his computer to print my boarding pass. Big ^ to that

Room was fine overall, fairly small but standard for a Sleep Inn. The bed was comfortable though the floor had some burn marks. Bathroom was tiny with a standup shower and a sink outside the bathroom. The TV was large and a flatscreen with plenty of channels and the a/c was excellent. I left at 5 AM so I didn't experience breakfast. Be advised they add a mandatory $1.61 safe charge unless you remember to ask to have it removed.

Picture of the room: