Old Apr 6, 12, 11:39 am
aarif1

Originally Posted by aaasaunt View Post
Looking for the expert opinions on this board for my best new card option if I'm looking to fly my family from SAN to JFK (at the beginning of January.). Thanks for the help.
Putting aside the question of availability, you're looking at 100k miles (round trip) for this flight.

I think the 50k Citi AA cards are still available. If so, you can apply for 2 at one (2 browser trick) to get 100k AA miles after some minimum spend.

You could get the Chase United card and the Chase Sapphire Preferred (easiest if you spread them out at least 30 days apart) for 100k United miles after some minimum spend.

You could apply for the the brand new offer for the BA card from Chase if you can spend $20,000 dollars on it fairly quickly, and you'll end up with (well over) 100k BA miles. But, there is the $95 annual fee not waived (it's waived for the first year for the previously mentioned cards).

Without more info, I'd say those are your best options. You're looking at either 2 cards or 1 BA card with a large spend.

EDIT: Since you actually meant 4 one-way tickets, cut everything in half. The BA card might be the best deal, since you can get 50k right away with no minimum spend, and AA flies non-stop from SAN to JFK.

Last edited by aarif1; Apr 6, 12 at 11:42 am Reason: New info from previous post