FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... {Archive}
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:15 pm
mapoptic

Originally Posted by Beerman92
I have been told that in addition to secure they will be offering one other program that provides sliding scale discounts. Not sure what it is called.
It's a relaunched Flex program. Discounts are similar to, but lower than, before. Details on the pricing here.

On the plus side, unlike Secure, the new Flex program offers discounts off published fares and the ability to book Y -- albeit it at high cost -- along with MileagePlus status (which I don't need -- no word on whether one can gift the status or convert to SWUs as in the past) and a United Club membership.

On the negative side, buy-in is $25K, no credit cards can be used to fund, no 50% RDM bonus, and no ability to book on the Web site until Q3 some time.

As I consider my options, I actually think Flex is a more compelling product than Secure, but that doesn't say very much.

Maybe in Q3 when the Website booking is back, and if other things at UA have settled down, I'll consider a contract. I really also wish UA would bring back the credit card funding, at least for the initial buy-in. I'd like the credit card points, and it makes the contract process easier than using an EFT.

Last edited by mapoptic; Apr 5, 2012 at 3:26 pm Reason: Edited for typo & clarity.