FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:23 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mbarreto
I hope you're not referring to me here

And I think you're forgetting about people who fly J as per company policy. Thankfully, my company allows international travel on J for us executives. I do agree with you that if paying for a Y ticket, I couldn't care less about upgradeability, that's the employees problem, whereas mine indeed is watching out for the shareholders best interest.

DL J isn't priced much differently than UA J. Some people prefer one product over the other. I try to stick with DL as long as the price difference is minimal.
Then it is clear why you prefer DL. I have no problem with that or even with those who use the "M" fare to get a J ticket where J is not allowed. The point I am trying to make is most VFF'ers just want a comfortable seat at a reasonable price. I actually do not care about many of the service and "dinning" issues that some do. For me, if I want "luxury" I will fly IFC on an international carrier. Getting there is my main concern and getting there rested and ready to work is important to me. I will always chose the airline that give me that ability at a reasonable price. I also have no problem with employees paying a little more for an upgradable ticket but when that is merely J in disguise then I cannot condone it IF those employees are not authorised for J. I contend the vast majority out there are not.