FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:17 am
kwildnj

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
If all goes right...that means 14th Street has exactly 48 minutes from touchdown to the boarding cutoff at his flight to CPH...if the Colgan from DCA is right on time...

Ten minutes minimum to taxi to the gate...five more minutes minimum to open the door and walk out...ten-minute wait for the bus...two-minute bus ride...ten-minute walk to the new gate, which will almost certainly be on C3 side of Terminal C...that's 37 minutes total...leaving 14th Street with 11 minutes to go...

Since UAEX 4950 from DCA is chronically late, that doesn't seem very prudent to me.
There is no bus ride involved. The inital plan to shift all express flights to operate out of A was reversed the day after it was started. The OP will arrive into, and depart from Terminal C.

Also, United, from my observations, uses the first movement "Out" time as the "actual departure" and door opening at the gate "in" as the "actual arrival" time.

Lastly, how are you getting that 4950 is chronically late? From the best I can tell, that flight number is not currently in use, at least not in the DCA-EWR market.