View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 12, 10:56 pm   #14
Daveinatl

Programs: DL PM; AF FB, SPG Gold, Plat Amex
Talking More on AF Premium Econ...

I have flown AF Premium Voyageur (PV) on a couple occasions in the past year and was not very impressed... was on 777 between ATL and CDG (and 340, I believe, on the return). The space is larger than DL coach and the priority boarding/amenity kit are nice, but the seat has very little padding and it was impossible for me to sleep. Food in coach on AF is not bad (IMHO) and that is what you get... I am fairly sophisticated about wine, too, and what they serve is fine. Food and beverage service begins in the PV cabin, too, so you are sure to get what you want to eat.

Several years ago, I found the AF coach product to be a wee bit superior to Delta's to CDG, however, since the introduction of PV they seem to have compressed the same number of coach seats into a smaller cabin. Everyone in the back appeared utterly miserable on both trips--most people could not position their tray-tables horizontally so they could eat comfortably... the restroom situation is kind of a pain, as PV pax need to walk through the econ cabin and there was always a line.

Aside from all this, if I need to fly AF in the future, I plan to book via DL (and get a better fare than on AF.com) and fly PV or higher. I always set up alerts on Expert Flyer so I can call when the appropriate upgrade opens up in business--it worked two of four flights, which was fine with me.

My two cents...

Regarding Tennisbum's last post... subscribe to expert flyer and learn how to set up an alert so you receive an email when the necessary inventory opens up and you can call DL to have them change your ticket to AF and get the upgrade. On the two occasions I was upgraded out of PV, it happened the night before the flight--fortunately I had my blackberry volume on loud so I would wake up for the email! Inventory on AF often opens up in the 24 hours before the flight. ALSO, once a PV seat (or any other AF seat in my experience) is sold by DL cannot be viewed on the Delta webpage... call DL to get the AF record locator number... then you can log into airfrance.us with the information and see your seat assignment.

Last edited by Daveinatl; Apr 3, 12 at 11:03 pm
Daveinatl is offline   Reply With Quote