FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Random seat changes to UA itineraries after they are booked & purchased [ARCHIVE]
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:49 pm
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Shares Just Sucks!

I am so paranoid that I check all of my seating assignments every day now, after losing my C seats to NRT permanently!!

Here is what happened on my last 2 trips:

24 MAR: MCO-SFO: Seats randomly changed 3 times in last 3 weeks. Was able to get original seats back after calling, with about a 10 minute accomplish time. No equip changes.

24 MAR: SFO-NRT: Again seats were randomly changed several times since the conversion and we never got the seats back. One of us was downgraded to Y from C using SWU on W fare. Were given compensation for the downgrade. It took 35 minutes for the agent to handle my case and get me compensated. I let the wife stay up in C. Can't chalk this one up to an equipment swap either!

2 APR: NRT-SFO: This one had a swap for a new upgraded-Y 777. It is really nice back there by the way. Our "Shares" seat assignments separated my spouse and I by 8 rows on opposite sides of the cabin with the equipment change---is there any actual logic with this program?? I got on .bomb and changed the seats several times but the changes would never stick. The seats were eventually fixed by the consistently outstanding staff at NRT. C cabin went out with 6 empty.

2 APR: SFO-MCO: Everything fine, no changes. However, while I was sitting in RCC in SFO, I noticed that my seats for today's flight from MCO-LAX-CLD had randomly changed while checking my account on the new .bomb. I walked up to the service desk and asked the agent to check my seats. She had a little flip-book with shares commands in it and it took her 10 minutes to tell me that I still had my original seats, notwithstanding what the website was showing me.

3 APR: Showed-up for my MCO-LAX flight this morning, and it turns-out the agent at the SFO RCC was wrong, my seats had indeed been switched! It took 2 people 15 minutes to get my original seats back in MCO. This is just insane!!! How can a system be this user unfriendly and still be regarded as good for business?

I'll come back and post how my return flight goes.

Last edited by zombietooth; Apr 4, 2012 at 7:59 pm