View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 12, 6:04 pm
NZZO

Programs: *G, OW Emerald, Bonvoy Amb Elite, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
Flew AKL-LAX last week in PE (26A, window seat) and have to say the privacy was fantastic, also I managed to get very comfortable and got a solid 7 hours sleep - all other aspects of the flight were also great (crew, food and wine)
I would echo the comments above. I flew AKL-LAX in 23B and LAX-AKL in 23A last week. Very comfortable for me at 6’2” and 100kgs. As others up thread have indicated 23B is probably the best PE seat – lots of legroom and 23A can get out without disturbing you. The only downside is you can’t have the IFE operating during taxi - not a biggie for me. I managed 6 hours of sleep on the way up and 8 hours on the way back.

One downside to having 23A ex-LAX was that was also the gate number (the Air NZ boarding pass has the gate and seat numbers next to each other). When I arrived on the aircraft someone had already settled into my seat and took some convincing that they really needed to keep walking back to row 39. After that about 10 other people who didn’t/couldn’t read their boarding pass properly told me I was in the wrong seat. The politeness of my reply followed the law of diminishing returns. All-in-all an experience I was apprehensive about turned out to be very comfortable and more than satisfactory.

As an aside, I flew LAX-AKL in the BP cabin on the 300ER in December and was less than impressed with the cabin service – worst ever on an NZ flight. I thought that the cabin crew on these legs seemed much more comfortable working on the aircraft and the service quality was back to normal standards.