FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Random seat changes to UA itineraries after they are booked & purchased [ARCHIVE]
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:06 pm
dboston

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Flying LHR-SFO later this week. The seat map has just changed because of a swap to the new configuration. So, of course, my wife and I lose our seats and are now seated separately.

UA.com won't let me change my seat or hers. So I call an agent who, after ten minutes working at it, declares that she has moved me next to my wife. However, the online seat map still shows me in my original seat, but with the one next to my wife gone. Logged out and logged in again, tried a different browser - all the same result. So call again and I'm assured that we are sitting next to each other - no explanation as to why the online seat map shows the wrong information.
Every time I have changed seats post-merger on united.com, it has shown the OLD seats that day (but with the new seats no longer available), but then the next day it usually shows the correct, NEW seats. Not sure why this is so difficult, but..

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 11, 2012 at 7:39 am Reason: fix html