FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Seasons Hualalai
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:04 pm
ray1022

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
gsinghk - thanks and you will have a fabulous time at the Resort.

Building 37 actually has regular guest rooms as well (they connected to our Suite to make a 2 bedroom Suite if you wanted). Each of Buildings 34, 35, and 36 also have the regular guest rooms. I posted below another overhead picture detailing the difference in view among these four buildings (34, 35, 36, 37) - taken from our helicopter when we were flying over the Resort. The yellow arrows depict the view out to the ocean. I would definitely choose 37 as it is closer to the clearing and a slightly better view than the other buildings. 2nd choice would be Building 36 and so on. You do have to walk a little further to get to the entrances to your room in Building 37, but that was fine with us. I'm sure 34 and 35 have good views as well, but as you can see in the below picture (with my added yellow arrows), the view may be slightly obstructed. Also, see my picture above in my original post of the specialty suites and all the building numbers are marked on there.

As for upper or lower floor, I think it is really a matter of preference. The lower floor rooms/suites have the outdoor lava shower vs. the upper floor rooms/suites have a slightly better view out to the ocean as the 18th fairway is a bit of a rolling hill in that area on the ground, so a lower floor room may not have as good a view. So really it is a matter of view vs. outdoor shower and what your preference would be. There are outdoor showers in the spa locker rooms so you can definitely try that experience, but obviously a bit different than having one directly in your own bathroom.

Also, did you book through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner (FSPP) or Amex FHR to take advantage of the amenities (free breakfast, one-time lunch credit, etc)? If you didn't, you can always have an agent "take over" your reservation so you can get these amenities.

Last edited by ray1022; Apr 1, 2012 at 2:34 pm