FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 20% less for JPMiles redemptions
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2012, 12:30 am
avm2806

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Are they getting tired of 9W folks using miles on partners? Its like cash walking out of the door.
I honestly think that Gaurang Shetty, Rahul Kucheria and the people in charge of JP are a bunch of egotistical dinosaurs. When they were asked by a senior airport manager as to why they keep getting so many complaints for passengers about JP redemptions, Shetty replied that 9W Revenue management is as sophisticated and based on the same model as British Airways. As a GGL with BA for 3 years and someone who has earned over 2.5 million miles with them (currently 1.5million in the bank), I can assure 9W that they are so far from the truth with that it’s not even funny. Up until now 9W had an excellent onboard product that partially made up for the awful JP program. However with service cutbacks getting worse by the minute – I am opting yet again to move elsewhere with my international business and let them enjoy their full service domestic monopoly…