FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:45 pm
vdostoi1

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by LordByran
I've benefited incredibly from this forum and all the people on it, and I want to try and do my part to give back.

The current promotion that is going around is that the United MileagePlus Club Card has a $95 statement credit for the $395 fee. However, I came across an offer for the first year waived.

I stumbled across this an hour ago and have been trying to replicate the exact steps to get the offer to show up. I found another poster who managed to find the same offer as well on the United forum. As far as I know, it's possibly tied to either status with United or having a previous MileagePlus Explorer card. YMMV but see if it works on your end. I started off with a fresh browser and everything logged off (e.g. Chase, United, etc.):

1) Log into your United MileagePlus account via united.com
2) Click on the following link: https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPCl...rce=navigation

I clicked through to the application and there's no explicit mention of the fee waiver, so if applying I fully recommend screen-shotting everything in case an issue does arise. I can only access this link after logging in to United, so I believe this is status linked.

UPDATE: Must have status with United.
Interesting...Did not work for me but I did see the banner momentarily this morning when I was on united.com. However, when I came back to the UA web site later on in the day, I was unable to reproduce this and am now really disappointed... I am Silver Premier.