FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Segment Run: DCA-FLL $194 a/i RT ($32/segment)
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:39 pm
BryanIAH

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
WAS-PBI also has similar options (a few dollars more). It is difficult to avoid US on these....

Any tips on how to book these on the COdbaUA website? Multiple destination (one-way) searches work most of the time....3rd party seems to be the best option for RT's....

It looks like you have been busy....best of luck with the new endeavor....
The one-way multi-destination search will usually work but it's difficult to get anything with 5+ segments (one-way or RT) to price correctly in a low bucket. Third party sites will usually take care of the problem (unless you have an e-cert to use) or you can call UA and they should be able to do it in the correct bucket (G in this case).

You'll have more luck if you specify exact flight times and fare buckets using the advanced search feature. It doesn't work for every itinerary including the one I posted above but it'll occasionally help you avoid a phone call.

I've been planning to post a much more detailed explanation of this issue for a while and it should be available sometime next week. And thanks for the good luck wishes.