FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Got letter in mail saying no longer Presidents Club
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:21 am
WIRunner
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Haven't you noticed??? CO doesn't exist any more!

You may physically have a CO Pres Plus card, but if you log into you Chase account you'll see it doesn't think it's a CO card any more. It shows a UA logo, doesn't it???

I'm not talking about the card nickname, which is the name you can give a card on the Chase site. That'll still say whatever you named it, which might include CO if you nicknamed it that way. I'm talking about the logo it displays for cards. Everyone in the Credit Card forum who's replied has confirmed the CO cards which were not cancelled in time have since early March (the CO->UA switchover date) been showing as UA cards online.

Chase is simply saving money but not requiring a new physical card. So your physical card continues to say CO of course. But behind the scenes, they consider it a UA card now.
The debate could go on ad nauseum about this. I will say this though, having the PCMC the logo on my account in chase shows a CO logo. This being the fact that UA adopted the CO livelry. The UA card I had

There's two things that happened.
Avis thought that you didn't have the card any more for an error on their end.
Chase didn't report to Avis that you still had the card.

I'm not sure I'd want to be in your boat right now.