FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting through CDG: looking for first timers practical advice
Old Mar 27, 12, 11:07 pm
SporkLover

Programs: HHONORS, AA, Delta, Southwest, Avis, Emerald Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
AF iron? Unless you mean Aeroflot, the plane should be largely made
from aluminum or composite with smaller amounts of titanium, etc. I don't know when Western aircraft were made of iron.

Seriously, the better line should be labeled as "Access No. 1" and you will need either your physical DL FF card or a boarding pass where SkyTeam ElitePlus is printed to use the special line, ideally both to prove that you're entitled. The same applies to CDG lounge access if you have time after you get near your departure gate. If you need to check in or get a boarding pass at CDG, look for SkyTeam Elite Plus counters or "Affaires" (for business class) in the AF system. You cannot use the ground handling for AF FC, labeled probably as "Espace Premiere."
I can take the ribbing, but I meant what I said. Many of us in the military community refer to our aircraft as iron. I.E...The Kentucky Guard is a good choice for domestic disaster response because they have their own Crisis Response Group (aerial porters), search and rescue, and iron (c-130's). Different aviation community terminology

Thanks for the tips though.