FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting through CDG: looking for first timers practical advice
Old Mar 27, 12, 10:19 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Well the long and short of it is that in May I am on a PRG-CDG-ATL itinerary, and my connection time in CDG is 1h35m. My PRG-CDG is a DL code share on AF iron. It arrives at Terminal 2d and my CDG-ATL flight departs 2E.

I was told that a domestic EU flight shouldn't have probs with that connection time, but a fellow traveler told me on my last trip (FRA-ATL) that CDG is a zoo and I should expect problems with that connection time and that of course has me a little worried.

So I am looking for practical advice as to the best way to navigate the
airport to best ensure I connect. I am SkyTeam Elite+ and I've heard
there is an express security/customs line, but that's about as much that I could dig up for transiting CDG quickly.

Thanks for anything you can offer..... I've delved I to the CDG threads, but they are so long that it's challenging to weed out the nuggets of useful information from the "CDG is a toilet" and "CDG is not that bad" comments.
AF iron? Unless you mean Aeroflot, the plane should be largely made
from aluminum or composite with smaller amounts of titanium, etc. I don't know when Western aircraft were made of iron.

Seriously, the better line should be labeled as "Access No. 1" and you will need either your physical DL FF card or a boarding pass where SkyTeam ElitePlus is printed to use the special line, ideally both to prove that you're entitled. The same applies to CDG lounge access if you have time after you get near your departure gate. If you need to check in or get a boarding pass at CDG, look for SkyTeam Elite Plus counters or "Affaires" (for business class) in the AF system. You cannot use the ground handling for AF FC, labeled probably as "Espace Premiere."