FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A UK Hilton has police raid my room, says I was running a brothel
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:39 am
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by RAPC
No matter what, somebody from hotel management must have known this...
I'm not completely sure about this. Would the police talk to the hotel management prior to going straight to the room if they'd received a call from someone other than the hotel management? Would be interested to know from someone who knows standard operating procedures in situations like this.

If the management were not informed then I don't think there's anything further to be done and the absence of management at the front desk was probably just unlucky.

If the management did know then they absolutely should have been prepared to man-up and discuss it with the guest and I'd recommend a follow up with Hilton corporate. All the management would have to say was that "this is our policy in these situations, sorry it was a false alarm but we need to act responsibly in all situations to protect all our guests".

The key is whether the hotel management knew or not. Are you pretty confident they knew stimpy?