FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - non uk executive club issues
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:23 am
vibguy

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
non uk executive club issues

I did book and fly a trip outbound BRU-DEN and inbound LAS-BRU (with tranfer twice at LHR). The booking was paid in club and I upgraded the leg LAS-LHR to first with avios. After the flights I realised that I only received avios points and tier point for the upgraded LAS-LHR leg and not for the other three segments : BRU-LHR, LHR-DEN and LHR-BRU.
I did call the local belgian executive club to correct this. Upon calling I had a selection of languages to chose from (dutch, french or english). I did chose the dutch option (my mother language) but was answered by a girl who did not speak nor understand dutch, most probably an indian girl replying from some call center. I explained my problem in English and she told me that she would correct the points manually, without any apology. Why is this ever lasting problem of incorrect allocation of tier points and avios points whenever you make an upgrade not yet corrected? Members have always to call to obtain the points and tier points they are entitled to. Why bothering to have local executive clubs, only available mon-fri, if the phone number is most probably anyway connected to a far distance call center? I recall that for us, non UK members, the UK executive club, which is available 7/7, is of no assistance, they cannot or wil not help us.