FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to SYD ... NH/NZ C or UA/TG F?
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:57 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by shaggy_mutt

Can I get to HKG? Yep, but HKG-AKL is awfully hard to get.
You mentioned you want NH/NZ C, are those readily available ? Or is it only your ideal routing ? NH C is relatively easy to get, but NZ C is hard to get basically on all their routes no matter SFO/LAX-AKL or even NRT-AKL.

Can I get to ICN? With great effort (the longhaul OZ offerings are looking pretty picked-over at this point) but it's moot, because ICN-SYD is unavailable. ICN-BKK-SYD might be possible, but by that point, wouldn't it make more sense to go the Europe route?
Just be warned, while SFO-ICN on OZ will have new seats in C, but ICN-SYD on OZ don't, you will be stuck in an angle flat seat with no AVOD.

Speaking of which, I'd take the FRA-and-BKK route before transiting mainland China, so availability on that one is moot. And considering that the SFO-KIX flight that I'd originally envisioned as a way over is no longer available, I'm thinking it's looking more and more like the Europe route is the way to go.
Correct, I would avoid transferring in PEK or PVG at all cost, I would take NRT/ICN/HKG/SIN/BKK instead.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Mar 26, 2012 at 1:15 pm