FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:59 pm
okazon69

Originally Posted by darben
I was denied I booked a cancelable rate on BW for Hammond, LA and orbitz had a cancelable rate $15.00 cheaper. BW rejected the claim as they have a 30 day advance purchase non refundable that is lower. The agent told me the terms do not have to match they can match the refundable rate to any rate refundable or not. I pointed out the T&C's said
"The rate comparison will be conducted using the same price and/or tax policy" I asked what that meant, agent did not know. She would not connect me with anyone else.

WORTHLESS PROGRAM TO ME
When I asked about that very sentence, I got this answer when I had found a lower rate on hotels.com, but which required payment in advance, as compared to bestwestern.com non-prepaid rate ($10 more):

"The rate comparison will be conducted using the same price and/or tax policy." Means that if the reservation on Bestwestern.com includes tax's then we will include the tax's for comparison on the competeing website. If not then tax's will not be included and if the competeing website does not offer a room rate exclusive of tax's the claim will be denied.

Payment requirements and cancelation policies are not part of the Program and our review of all claims are based on comparing the competing websites rate to our lowest available rate on Bestwestern.com
Sounds bogus to me!