FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:18 am
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mtkeller
This post over on TPG's blog is very interesting. Before you start coming after me for linking to an anonymous post on a blog, keep in mind that Cellisttoo (a well-respected FTer who hasn't been around much) posted during the T-72 debacle that she'd been part of a focus group and signed an NDA, but was willing to say that what was discussed were some very, very drastic changes that would drive her away from SkyMiles. The writing is on the wall here: FBATR is in DL's plans and is going to be very bad for anyone who wants something other than a domestic Y round trip.
This is absolutley NOT "Black Helicopter" stuff. Many of us have left or are leaving because of some of the things that were discussed at that Focus Group (I was not there but I have had conversation with some who were...NDA and all...Nuff said). I think the final form factor and details are still being hashed out but there are major changes coming and once again we will not find out until it is done. THAT is why I am flying (happily) with UA now. BTW, anyone who thinks E fares are going to earn MQM/RDM like other fares is mistaken. Baby steps....it is coming.