FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "THANKS Concierge!" thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:05 pm
mendy7511

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Thank you to the YYC Concierge team!

Yesterday was my birthday, and they met me on a YYZ-YYC flight on March 22 (Thursday) and had a hand-written card along with two cupcakes and a candle right at the top of the jetbridge!

Surely had some peculiar looks.

Jan
Happy Birthday Jan!
You are probably on a first name basis with all the YYC crew.

Originally Posted by ylwae
I continue to be impressed by actions like this. No concierges have ever called me, on their own initiative, for any reason.
I have received calls from YVR, YEG, YYC and YYZ but never from foreign concierges.
The most proactive though are YYC and YEG, they always call when there is a significant delay or cancellation.
YYZ, I have only received a call once when I was in the air and going to miss my connection - got a voice mail that they printed my new BP and directions where to pick it up.
YVR, only once when a flight was late. I got a call after I got to the airport already.

I think the smaller the airport the more likely they will look out for you. At YYZ there is probably hundreds of SE flying through everyday, it would be difficult to call all of them whenever there is a delay although they do have 46 concierges at YYZ.