FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:27 pm
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Anyone remember 'old' miles before Skymiles and the mess that made as the various 'protections' faded away. It made me switch to CO/NW just before the frog woke up and SOS was born.

Guess history really does repeat itself.....

Oh - its probably a good time to reconsider Mileage Runs and delaying any big spend on your DL Amex for MQM and so on. I think I'm going to switch back to using the Amex MR card again. Usually I only do that after hitting the MQM max but at this point the value of MQM is suddenly a big question mark.
Oh yeah...

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
It's possible that they might offer, as a carrot, an assurance that we can continue to use "Old Miles" under the old rules, as long as we have "old Miles."

After all, they have already used that dodge once to their advantage.

Those of us who have been around long enough will remember the last wholesale devaluation of mileage accounts. We were told then that "Old miles will always be old miles."

That lasted a few years, and then "always" took on a different contextual meaning.
Perhaps they'll figure that it has been long enough that folks who lost on the Old Miles scam are either gone or have forgotten about it.