FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS mini DO ~ Tues, April 24 and more ~ Surrounding the topic of the UA MoM promo
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:54 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by paradocs
Marathon Man, If I were in your area I would certainly attend your court date! I want to wish you all the best in this endeavor. I hope you get a decision in your favor. Cartera has inconvenienced so many flyertalkers. I do hope you will give us a full report. I am still contending with them and don't intend to give up. Good luck!
thanks to you and to all who hope for the best in this.

My main point of this, as many know, has to do with my own missing miles from all things 'malls,' and mostly from the UA mall during the MoM promo. Cartera posted shopping miles to their side of my MileagePlus Shopping mall but they never moved to the airline side, and that's messed up due to other Cartera mishaps that were never fixed. (As we speak, UA still cannot give me any of its bonus from the shopping I did during the MoM promo because Cartera failed to post to my UA mileage account all the shopping miles due to me. It's a mess! But not mine to have to fix)

However, my biggest concern above even my own hopeful mileage gain in court is that this case helps to explain and expose the mishaps that Cartera creates for so many here.

Indeed my plan is to try and expose a company that, for whatever reason, makes it hard to shop on the malls because we cannot trust the outcome of our shopping experience. We are forced to go elsewhere and no longer trust the airline mall portals. In fact, like me, many make it their duty to inform others to NOT shop on those malls at all! They do not work.

Cartera's marketing is good, as is that of the airlines who promote their shopping section, and the idea is good in itself, but the delivery is horrid. Has been for a while! For every one person who can tell you they have never had a single problem with anything on an airline mall, I can assure you there would be at least 100 that have. Big or small issues, big or small transactions.

Of course what I think would really help--given that this "Micro DO" is on a Tuesday and in only one town outside one city, so not many people might show up-- is if we could gather the stories of as many people as possible to state that they too have had problems with Cartera...

I was thinking that I could submit to the court some thick printout with names or FT handles a list of people and what was owed, and dates and use, that this form of evidence could help illustrate that Cartera pretty much cannot do its job.

So I created THIS: http://www.change.org/petitions/cart...-missing-miles and I hope people find it and sign it. People from the CO One pass threads, any UA thread, any other airline thread, any toolbar thread. To sign it, one needs to create a free account at Change.org but it's simple. Real names do not have to be used unless so desired.

In my case, Cartera has even told me in so many words at one point that my patterns of shopping big during the UA MoM promo were strange or that something I did must be why my miles have not yet posted. This is not true. I did everything correctly and I have printouts of all activity and steps taken.

And the FACT that there are reports ON the MoM thread of people we would call 'big guns' who actually got all their miles is actually a form of proof that the activities I performed are by no means any different than many people.

Many give up. They figure it's not even worth their time to fight for their missing miles. Some believe the company even banks on this - like some rebate scam organization might! Either way, it's a pain but it needs to be addressed.

With toolbars, I know many Fters are having problems getting download and sign up bonuses, miles from searches, and the like. Some is due to the changes of types of toolbars and some is due to other unknown Cartera problems, but the amount of people out there with these problems is mind boggling.

Miles or other rebates, how can a company go on like this without seeing the need to change? Surely they get a ton of our calls! IT all may sound trivial - a few miles missing here or there... but seriously, when you add things up, it could come to hundreds of thousands of dollars in losses for us, and gains for that company! I think that's very wrong indeed.

Please sign the petition, everyone. I am not sure what it will do or how many is enough, but anything I can use in court to tell the whole story while also explaining my own has the potential to help everybody going forward!

MM

Last edited by Marathon Man; Mar 24, 2012 at 9:06 pm