FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:51 pm
bubbashow

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Dovster
It comes from Delta. It has gone out of its way to install that sense of entitlement into its FFs.

Its advertisements and its website give you the impression (although it is never actually said) that once you make FO you will be showered with upgrades.

"You've reached Medallion status and now it's time to reap the benefits."

Among those benefits are "Unlimited Medallion Complementary Upgrades" which you will be notified that you will receive one day before departure.

Of course, experienced fliers realize that these are as rare as domestic award ticket for 25,000 SkyMiles r/t, but that fact is not, in the least, emphasized by Delta anywhere.
I agree totally that DL created this. However, a certain amount of responsibility of expectations has to lie with the individual. If that weren't the case, I'd watch the latest MegaMillions commercial and go buy something I can't afford.

Among those benefits are "Unlimited Medallion Complementary Upgrades" which you will be notified that you will receive one day before departure.

again...most people ignore the "space available". Dl determines the amount of space, not us.

Last edited by bubbashow; Mar 24, 2012 at 1:56 pm