View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 12, 7:52 am
Air Brian

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by mtkeller View Post

The thing that baffles me is FTers who aren't up in arms about a massive decrease in the value of their miles. We're probably the most savvy group around when it comes to using miles, and we know that SkyMiles have great value if you are willing to put in some work. Even those who aren't using them now may want to use them in the future (after retiring, once they have kids, to help out family members), and FBATR might make it easier to spend miles, but I can't see how it will do anything but require a massive amount of miles if you want to leave North America.
i am likewise surprised very few seem concerned about this. Delta could base your accrual on your alcohol consumption while onboard as long as the opps for redemptions don't mean you have to sacrafice your liver for a MSP-Minot mid-week January flight. The accrual formula is really secondary for if the redemption gets even more onerous then we've all lost, including, i would contend, Delta who doeesn't seem to grasp that the company/customer relationship is quite symbiotic...