FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:55 pm
squatch

i have not read all 59 pages on this thread so far, but i can tell you this:

i am based in NYC. because of the gate swap at LGA and some other logistical reasons, i switched ALL of my flying this year to delta. the reason i did this was to centralize my miles in one spot and make those miles count for my family since delta flies pretty much everywhere.

hearing rumor of a spending-based model rather than a miles-based model is probably going to chase me away. i fly two or three times a week, most often to destinations where fares are in the sub-$300 range RT. this earns me a nice amount of segments and probably an average amount of miles, but my spend is not large. there is no way to change this. what i spend is up for review by my company and clients and dropping excess money on tickets is not acceptable.

it sounds like delta is not interested in promoting loyalty in customers like me because i'm not flying on $3000 business class tickets every time i step on to a plane.

i'll wait and see what happens, but if it's anything like the accumulated rumors posted here, i'll be taking my business elsewhere. it's a shame, though, since delta has successfully acquired most of the gates at LGA and has a significant presence at JFK. flying will be a bit less convenient for me, but if i'm not the kind of customer valued by delta, i'll just go away.

Last edited by squatch; Mar 23, 2012 at 1:02 pm