FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:05 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
A service business that takes that attitude with their bread and butter customers is doomed to fail.
And if you don't believe that DL is a service business or that FFers are their bread and butter customers?

At the end of the day, I don't understand what has changed since before this rumor surfaced. Will people actually be surprised when a legacy carrier moves toward a revenue-based model? Why? At worst (or best), this rumor gives us a guess/prediction as to when that move happens, I don't think it changes the likelihood of it happening. If it isn't DL that is the first mover (or second, if you think WN already rang the bell), then it will be someone else.

I've said it before and I will say it again... If you try to understand the motivations of DL (or legacy carriers in general), then you will be in a much better position to predict the future state. Honestly, I don't need some inside source to tell me that my miles will be worth less tomorrow than today, or that my elite benefits are not guaranteed past next week. Others may be shocked or upset or confused that DL is looking at stuff like this, but I simply don't understand why.