FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using paper travel credits post-merger
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 12, 7:27 pm
snic

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by g_leyser View Post
Well, since (unsurprisingly) nobody seemed to have any info here I just called UA, and luckily got a great agent in HNL.

The process is more or less the same as PMUA. No way to do this online, AFAIK. I had to make the reservation over the phone (free as a 1K, not sure if they would still charge for others).

The whole process took about 20 minutes or so. It seemed like this PMUA agent had never done this before with the new system, so I'm sure it will get faster as time continues. (And paper certificates are going to disappear altogether anyways, apparently).

Ticket by mail is still available, but there is a new address:

United Airlines
PO Box 1394
Houston, TX 77205-1394

Also, we are now required to write all of the following on each of the paper coupons we are sending in:
  • Full Name
  • Full snail mailing address
  • Contact phone number
  • E-mail address
  • PNR
  • Outbound travel date

Oddly, they did NOT ask for my MP#, but I added it anyways.

Hope this helps.
I went through all this more than 2 weeks ago. Finally they called and left a message saying they received the certificates and need my credit card number (even though I gave it to them when I first called ). So I called back using LucyPhone to avoid having to listen to UA's highly annoying and VERY repetitious ads. An hour later, UA disconnected me.

Now I'm trying again. 22 minutes on hold and counting...