FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tips for hotels RIO and VCP airport
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:49 am
SoCal

Originally Posted by IaninDC
I think one of the best budget options right on the beach in Rio is the Arpoador Inn. It's at the junction of Copacabana and Ipanema and one of the very few hotels (outside of the Sheraton Leblon) that is on the beach side. We've also stayed in the Atlantis Copacabana and Atlantico Palace hotels (the former has a decent rooftop pool).

Lately, I've found Orbitz has the best hotel rates. For example, on my upcoming trip back to Colombia, Orbitz was $20 bucks a night cheaper for a hotel in Manizales than the others.
I haven't stayed at the Arpoador Inn for years, but went back about 3 years ago to check on rates, and they weren't cheap (and the building was rather musty). It's about location, as mentioned by the poster. If you need a "budget" hotel, you should specify rates.

You do NOT want to stay in a hotel near the airport outside the airport grounds. There is a decent-looking hotel, the Luxor, in the Rio international airport, but it's expensive (rooms nothing great). There is also a cheaper pousada in the airport's basement; really small rooms. You could find lots of hotels in the centro area and even beach areas. As noted, VCP is in Campinas. I didn't see where you'll be the night before. If staying in Campinas is doable, great, otherwise confirm where the Azul bus leaves from.