FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Palaimo
I noticed that Westin is listed as a partner on ultimate rewards, but W Hotels are not
I booked a Sheraton stay through the Westin link in Ultimate Rewards Mall. I paid with a Chase BA VISA in a different name than the UR account. No points posted in the specified time. Chase customer service was literally unable to assist with, or even understand, this transaction. Some agents insisted that only stays paid with the UR card were eligible (false). Some agents insisted that the claim could only be researched through card account used to pay (false). Some agents insisted that only prepaid stays were eligible for points (false). Some agents believed that only stays through Travelocity (or similar) could earn points for hotel stays (false). No agent appeared to have read any of the preceding email exchanges. Agents appear to have no capability to cross-reference information from one Chase account to another. It was scripted mass market customer service at the very worst. I did speak with a knowledgeable customer service manager, but she did not call me until the problem had resolved itself.

In the end the points did post, but Chase did nothing to facilitate this. The lesson is that if you pay with any card other the card linked to the UR account used to make the booking you will simply need to wait for the points to post, Chase cannot research it. I would expect the points 6-8 weeks after the checkout date.