FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Educating United agents about their policies
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:00 pm
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Had a guy and his wife on separate PNR's today that had misconnected. They were on standby and he requested that his wife be elevated to be #2 on the standby list just under him. (He had gold status, she had silver, if I recall correctly and had about 4 people in between them on the list.) He kept talking about "million miler this, million miler that" and wouldn't leave the podium, even though it was an express gate, and I was working 4 flights with a line that would never end (but was never long.) (by the way, while he was lobbying, a 1k knocked him down from #1 to #2)

I explained that one of the good things about CO's system is the transparency. I cannot manipulate the list, it is, what it is, as opposed to people not trusting UA with temrs like "shenanigins". 30 min later, he came back to me with a piece of paper that had the Shares entry to "bypass" (skip over a name) on the standby list, saying "a supervisor told him to tell me to use this." When I refused him, he then went to the CO success team member at our gate and she almost laughed at him. I eventually was replaced to go home, but before I left, he tried to get a 3rd agent to do it.

ROFL, 1st of all, the supervisors where I work haven't been trained on Shares, and 2nd, if they had somehow wanted me to violate UA policy by skipping other elites, do you think they would have written down the command and gave it to a passenger to take back to me 10 gates away, or do you think they would have called my phone?

Oh the education I am getting on Shares never ceases to amaze me.

They both got on, but we sure did NOT bypass or skip any other people to do it.